Mouth guards are dental appliances that protect the teeth from damage or excessive wear. They cover the teeth and offer protection to the lips, tongue and cheek lining. Though they are typically used by athletes and players of contact sports, they can also protect the teeth of people who wear bridges and braces and people who have the habit of clenching and grinding their teeth at night.
Mouth guards can be easily found over the counter at sports stores. But these varieties are not very comfortable for most people as they are made according to a standard size and may not offer the best protection due to an improper fit. These are often bulky and can interfere with your breathing and speech, raising a question on their effectiveness.
The best type of mouth guards for increased protection and comfort are those that are custom made for your needs. offers high-quality mouth guards crafted using lightweight material. These are prepared by taking an impression of your teeth and sending it to a dental laboratory to create your mouth guard. About a week or two later, your mouth guard will be ready for you to try on. We will make any adjustments to ensure that it fits you perfectly and is comfortable inside the mouth
Listed below are a few tips to help you care for your custom dental mouthguard
- Never leave the mouth guard in the sun or in hot water
- Rinse your mouth guard before and after each use, or brush with a toothbrush and toothpaste
- Store and carry the mouth guard in a sturdy container that has vents
- Check for wear and tear to see if it needs to be replaced
- Occasionally clean the mouth guard in cool, soapy water, rinse thoroughly and allow it to air dry
For more information, please schedule a consultation at our office by calling .